Instructions for abstract submission
Poster Session Organizer: Robson Francisco de Souza (USP)
DEADLINE EXTENDED: September 15th
Instructions for Abstract Submission:
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Abstracts must have between 250 and 400 words (3650 characters).
- All authors, affiliations and funding support need to be declared in the proper fields. DO NOT include this information in the abstract.
- Do not include figures, tables or references.
- Do not divide your abstract in sections.
- A brief description of preliminary results in the abstract is encouraged.
- A maximum of two posters is allowed per presenting author.
- Abstracts must describe scientific data and advertisement material will not be accepted.
- Submit your poster to only one of the areas
(1) Genes and Genomics;
(2) RNA and Transcriptomics;
(3) Proteins and Proteomics;
(4) Systems Biology and Networks;
(5) Software Development and Databases;
(6) Phylogeny and Evolution.
Poster size: 90cm x 120cm in portrait format.
Poster Presentation Support Material for Beginners
For many of you it is the first time many of you will prepare a poster for a conference and we decided to compile a short list of references that may be of interest for beginners.
The opinions on these references are not necessarily shared by the Poster Chairs, nor are official guidelines to the conference (i.e. you do not have to follow any of these advice). Nevertheless, it should be an interesting starting point, specially for those of you who never presented a poster before.
Feedback is most appreciated!
Poster Presentations - Designing Effective Posters
Effective Poster Presentations
Poster Presentation Guidelines
Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation
Keep your agenda up-to-date and do not miss any of this dates. The registration is Open!
|Volunteer Application Opens||01|
|Poster submissions opens*||01|
|Highlights Track opens*||01|
|Volunteer Application Closes||31|
|Volunteer Application Notification||31|
|Hightlights Submission Closes||15|
|Poster Submission Closes (NEW)||08|
|Poster Presentation acceptance||15|
|Highlight tracks acceptance||15|
|Online Registration closes||25|
Present you published research orally in the X-Meeting
Submit your work clicking here (DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 31st!!)
The AB3C, in a continuing effort to recognize the quality of research from its members has a slot int he schedule for presentation of results recently published in the literature.
We invite participants to submit full papers that have been published or accepted for publication between August, 15th, 2015 and the submission deadline, August, 31st, 2017 for oral presentations. A group of reviewers will select the presenters based on the quality, the relevance of the work on the field and in the expectation of a good presentation of themes that will interest the audience of the X-Meeting. Accepted presenters must register and pay to attend the conference.
Presenters are allowed to submit up to 2 papers in one single PDF file to present the results of multiple qualifying papers. We also encourage including more recent results as long as the main findings of the select paper(s) are clearly presented. Presentations should be no longer than 15 minutes and will be followed by a maximum of 3-minute discussions.
- A PDF file with the published paper in its final journal form. (just for the evaluation, only the reference to your paper will appear in the annals of the event)
- 250-word statement highlighting the relevance and eventual developments of the results.
IMPORTANT NOTE: in the submission site, please choose the option "TRABALHO IDENTIFICADO", the other option is used only in poster submission.
We encourage that all results should also be submitted as poster, to ensure presence at the meeting.