There are two separate things you have to prepare in order to submit your Xpress presentation, first is your Abstract and second, your video presentation that has to be submitted until November 1st, after your abstract and conference registration. On this page you will gather information on how to accomplish both productions.
Instructions for Abstract Submission:
Here are some information and instructions for submitting your Xpress presentation (formerly known as poster presentation).
- A maximum of two presentations is allowed per presenting author.
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Abstracts must have between 250 and 400 words (3,650 characters).
- Abstracts must describe scientific data.
- A brief description of preliminary results in the abstract is encouraged.
- All authors' names, e-mails and institutions must be declared in the proper fields.
- If all authors belong to the same institution, it just needs to be declared once.
- Submit your presentation to one of the areas below:
- Genes and Genomics
- RNA and Transcriptomics
- Proteins and Proteomics
- Systems Biology and Networks
- Database and Software Development
- Phylogeny and Evolution
Presentation preparation and production
It is time to unleash the science communicator in you!
There are 4 basic rules to prepare your blockbuster Xpress presentation
Rule #1 - Design your movie
One good start point is this site. They have a lot of tips on how to produce one small vídeo.
You are free to decide the format and how to interpret, but, four key values should be clearly stated on your production:
- What have you done?
- Why have you done it?
- How have you worked to accomplish this?
- What were the outcomes from this?
Rule #2 - Practice
For a more fluid speech training your talk is fundamental. Practice your presentation in front of a mirror or using a camera to see where your talking bottlenecks are.
The gold tip is: just be you! Talk like you would on a face to face presentation.
Rule #3 - Produce your video
Here technology will help you a lot.
You may record your vídeo using your Smartphone, Webcam, portable camera, IMAX, x-ray spectrometer, R2D2 Hologram or 360°, check below the video specifications.
There are a few tips on how to produce your vídeo, Google may help you with that
To record your presentation and audio the OBS is a very good choice, there are plenty of tutorials available.
You also can turn a powerpoint presentation into a vídeo.
To become an Xpress presentation master you must follow the recommendations below:
- The maximum resolution should be 1920 X 1080 with up to 29,97 frames per second (AKA Full HD);
- Your presentation must be up to 4 minutes long, unfortunately, any extra time on your video will be chopped by the controlling robots, and they are evil;
- Encode your masterpiece as MP4 or webk;
Rule #4 - The golden rule
Most of all. Enjoy the production and have a lot of fun!!!!!